Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sweet Barbecue Meatballs

So I have already talked about these meatballs on the "What Will it Bee?" party post & you will hear about them in other parties like the Super Bowl party as well, so let me tell you how to make them.  The original idea came from a Better Homes & Gardens cookbook I think & dealt with ham balls.  I am sure ham balls are delicious & all, but I love sausage way more.  So I did a little revamping & starting making my own meatballs.  Although I am not great at following recipes, I have found that I do better if it's my own.  : )  So here ya go.  These meatballs turn out with a little bit of sweetness & a whole lot of deliciousness.

Sweet Barbecue Meatballs
1 lb sausage

1 lb ground beef
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs
1 large onion finely chopped
1 tsp dry mustard
black pepper to taste

Combine all of the above ingredients & mix well.  Shape into balls.  Place the balls into lightly greased 2 quart baking dish. 


In a bowl, combine the ingredients below for the barbecue sauce. 
Barbecue Sauce for the Meatballs
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
black pepper to taste


Pour the sauce over the balls & bake in the oven on 350 for about 25 minutes or until done. 
*The larger the balls you make, the longer you have to cook them.  This is also how I make my meatloaf  I make it exactly the same way, I just shape the mixture into a loaf instead of into balls.  I usually have to cook it for a little over an hour or until the juices run clear.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment