Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fruit Cookie Tarts

Fruit tarts are one of my favorite things. They contain fruit so I can pretend they are healthy, but are really made out of a sugar cookie crust & cream cheese, so they are still super delicious. So it's one of my favorites for a Super Bowl party or really any party. 
I start with the ready-to-bake sugar cookies. 24 of them, 24 spots in a mini-muffin pan, obviously meant to be.
I don't have a specific time to bake them & I swear it seems like they cook for a different time every time I make them. I just keep an eye on them & pull them out after around 10-14 minutes. I let them cool a few minutes & right before they harden up, I use a spoon to make an indention to add in the cream cheese mixture.
The cream cheese mixture is super easy. It's just a block of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar & 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Since the Patriots colors are red & blue & the Seahawks colors are blue & green, I used strawberries & blueberries on one side & strawberries & kiwi on the other.
Yummy & pretend healthy. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment