Thursday, March 27, 2014

Superhero Diaper Cake

When my friend/co-worker Luci & I decided to throw our other friend/co-worker Kyle & his wife a Superhero Baby Shower, I started working on putting a diaper cake together.  I know I have said in my other diaper cake posts that it can be difficult to find some of this stuff to match my themes & this theme was certainly no exception.  For the bottom layer, I took a red blanket that was actually one supporting our local university's football team.  I had ordered the cutest blankets that you can see below from the Geekabyebaby Etsy shop.  Unfortunately, they didn't make it until the day after the party, so I had to improvise.  How cute would they have been on a superhero diaper cake?  Oh well.  
Burp Cloth -- Superman Logo Cotton with White Terry Cloth -- Geek-a-bye Baby - Comic Geek - Handmade, Retro DC Comics
Anyway, speaking of Etsy, that is where I found pretty much everything for this diaper cake.  I bought these adorable bibs & this little superhero boy with a "G" on it, which was just perfect for little baby Gavin on the way.  Here is what the bibs & superhero boy looked like.  
Super Baby  Superhero Baby Bib
Backwards Cape Baby Bib
Superman baby bib
Super Hero Boy Plush Doll Personalized with Your Child's Initial (Choice of brown or blonde hair) Eco Friendly

So the bottom layer was the blanket with two of the bibs pinned to the sides.  The middle layer was a yellow receiving blanket I found at I think Target.  I found this little superhero bear on Ebay.  He was just perfect to top off the diaper cake. I put the cape bib on the back of the diaper cake so it would look like the cake's cape flowing off the back.  I pinned the little superhero "G" boy on the front & set two little superhero ducks that were little favors that I think I found for less than a $1 or so at Party City.  I also pinned a couple of little blue socks to the sides.  I finished the cake off with some primary colored ribbon.  I had the red from Christmas, the yellow from the Bee party & the blue from the old Super Bowl party.  Here is the finished diaper cake.  We can only hope that our little superhero Gavin loved it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment