Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pink Diamond Damask Diaper Cake

When I was preparing for the Pink Diamond Damask Baby Shower, of course I had to do a diaper cake.  I wanted the diaper cake to match the theme of the party & I will tell you, damask is not an easy pattern to locate in your normal baby stores.  So to Etsy I went & found a beautiful damask blanket & bibs at the MickeyandGrace Etsy shop.  I bought a link pink baby set at one of the usual baby store suspects & bought the cute pink lamb that went with Baby Girl's bedding set.  

You can see on my Diaper Cakes page how I make the base of pretty much all of my diaper cakes.  I did this diaper cake the same way.  I wrapped the damask baby blanket around the bottom layer & then added in some smaller pink burb clothes on the sides.  I attached everything together using stick pins.  For the second layer, I wrapped a light pink receiving blanket around & attached it & then added the two bibs I had found on Etsy.  I did the top layer with a black & white burp cloth.  I topped off the cake (literally & figuratively) with the sweet little lamp that matched the bedding.  I took some of the ribbon that I had used at the Bee gender reveal party & added in some light pink ribbon.  I also added in a M initial that I had found on clearance before A.C. Moore went out of business.  

I loved how sweet the diaper cake turned out & that it matched the theme of Baby Girl's room.  

Click here to see the Pink Diamond Damask Baby Shower post
Click here to see the Pink Diamond Damask Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment