Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Next Chapter: Book Baby Shower Banner

Catch My Party
For the Book Themed Baby Shower, I made a banner for about $1.  Here is how.  First I found a book at Goodwill for 50 cents that had some picture pages, but also lots of pages with just words.  
I knew I wanted to spell out "The Next Chapter", so I cut out a page of words-only for each letter I needed.  Then I took all the pages with pictures & cut the pictures out & then cut the pages into 4ths.  I did this based on the size of my letters I would be using.


Once I had the picture size, I took a piece of scrapbook paper that I had gotten at Hobby Lobby for another party for around 50 cents & I used my stencils to spell out my letters.  Once I had all the letters traced, I cut them out & glued them onto the pictures that I had cut up.  I then took the words-only pages & put my picture/letter combo on top.  The words-only pages were larger than what I wanted to use, so I just centered everything & cut off the excess to make a square background.  They wound up looking like this.
I then took my hole punch & some ribbon around the house & tied the letters together.  On the ends, I used clear craft line (you can also use fishing line) to attach the banner to my old window with a thumb tack.  Besides the light reflecting horribly in these pictures, the banner turned out really cute & was so cheap. 


See Other Posts About This Party

No comments:

Post a Comment