Monday, April 7, 2014

Look Whoo is 1! Banner

Of course when I started planning Addy's Look Whoo is 1 party, I started thinking about what kind of banner I wanted to make.  Sometimes I like to put the banner at the top of the backdrop, or use it as the focal point of the backdrop.  For this party, I really wanted to use the rag wreath as the center & the curtains at the top, so I made a banner to stretch across the front of the table.  In keeping with the owl theme, I just cut out simple little owls, alternating the pink & green color scheme.  In choosing the owl shape, I just went with what was going to be the easiest shape to cut out.  It isn't anything fancy, but it worked.  For the owl chest area, I cut out some scrapbook paper that I had leftover from the baby mobile & mural in Addy's nursery.  The green cutouts went on the pink owls & vice versa.  I cut out white circles for the eyes & dotted them with a paint pen.  I then used the letter stencils that I pretty much use for all of my banners to cut out 'Look Whoo is 1!"  I was running low on ribbon in the colors that I wanted, so I just used light pink & light green sheer ribbon to tie the owls together.  I didn't want the banner to sag in the middle, so I took straight pins & stuck them through the tied ribbons into the tablecloth in a few spots across the table, just to make sure that the banner stayed hanging correctly. 
Here is a shot of the banner closer up during the preparation stages. 
Here is a shot of the banner with the whole table set up for the party.
This was a quick little clothesline banner that I threw together to highlight how much our sweet girl had grown over her first year of life.  There is a picture from every month, along with the words to the Rent song 'Seasons of Love'.  I had wanted to make it a little more in depth & make backgrounds for the pictures & the wording, but I just ran out of time.   I think showing pictures throughout the year is great for any kid's birthday party, but especially the first year when they grow so much & so fast. 

See below for links to the other posts about this party:

No comments:

Post a Comment