Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Cheeseballs

You know I all love a good cheeseball (find all the evidence here)...so when I decided to have our 1st annual Pumpkin Party, I had to make a cheeseball.  I had made a jack-o-lantern cheeseball years ago (see here), but wanted to do something a little different so maybe the kids would eat some too.  I decided to make mini-cheeseballs that looked like pumpkins.  
 I changed up my usual cheeseball recipe for this one, mostly because I had very little time in throwing this party together & decided that I didn't have time to go to the grocery store to buy the spices I was out of.  Usually I use a mixture of onion powder, garlic powder & chili powder as my spices & use a splash of Worcestershire sauce.  Since I wasn't sure how the kids would feel about chili powder & I thought it would change the color, I didn't use any of that & I was completely out of onion powder.  So here is what I used instead....

2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
16 oz of softened cream cheese (2 standard bars)
2-3 tablespoons of garlic powder
2-3 tablespoons of cumin
1 1/2 cups of Cheez Its

Take the first four ingredients & mix them together like this...
 Usually I roll everything up into a big ole ball or a shape, but I decided to do little individual balls instead.
 Take your cheez its & put them into a ziploc bag & smash them up to make some crumbs like this.
 Then I took my mini-cheeseballs & rolled them in the cheez its mixture.
 After they were all rolled, I took some celery & cut it up into small pieces & stuck them in the top of the cheeseball to resemble a pumpkin stem.  I don't think these had as much flavor as my usual cheeseball, but they were pretty darn delicious & I think they were easier for the kids to eat since they were a little blander.  And seriously, who doesn't love a cheeseball covered in Cheez Its? ; ) Happy Halloween everyone!  

See these posts for more info on this party

No comments:

Post a Comment