Thursday, October 6, 2016

Marquee Sign for Addy's 4th Frozenfest Birthday Party


 If you remember from Addy's Elmo Carnival, I like some lights as part of the table centerpiece decoration. So Addy's 4th Frozenfest birthday party was no exception. Since it was a movie themed, I wanted to do a marquee sign.
 I started with a giant piece of foam core.  Then I marked the edges or where I wanted to cut. 
 I drew out some shapes of what I wanted to cut, then used an exacto knife to cut the edges off. Hallelujah, I didn't cut myself. Small victories.
 After I had the shape of the sign I wanted, I used the cardboard that holds the lights as a guide to space out how far apart I wanted them. This is very similar to the Addy lights I did at the Elmo carnival

 Once I made all the circles for the holes, I took scissors & stabbed them through & then kinda turned them in a circle shape until I made a hole big enough to fit the lights through. Spoiler alert, making holes in this foam core was so much easier than making holes in the wooden letters from the Elmo Carnival
 Before putting the lights in, I finished the front of the sign. I had bought blue foam core & I used my Cricut to cut the letters out of glittered scrapbook paper. Then I took the spray adhesive & a little silver glitter to finish off the sign & make it a little more sparkly for my sparkly girl Addy. 


I then put in the lights from the back & dropped the cord down in between the two pieces of snow roll on the backdrop. 

Click Below for More Info on This Party
Addy's 4th Frozenfest Birthday
Addy's 4th Frozenfest Birthday Decorations
Addy's 4th Frozenfest Birthday Food
Movie Clapboard for Addy's 4th Frozenfest Birthday
Marquee Sign for Addy's 4th Frozenfest Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment