Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Very Hungry Caterpillar Banners

So we all know I love banners.  I wanted to do a couple for Addy girl's 2nd birthday.  Once I found the dot background on Google, I went to Paint on my computer & created a circle of the dots.  I then added in red circles & green circles on top.  On the 3 red circles, I created yellow & green ovals for the eyes & a smaller brown circle for the nose to create a caterpillar head.  On the green circles, I added in yellow letters to spell out Happy Birthday Addy!  Then I just printed these off on my computer & cut them out & strung them together with ribbon.  Super easy, super cheap.
After making the Very Hungry Caterpillar invitations, I thought they were cute enough that they should be incorporated into the party.  I had made a banner of Addy's 1st year for her "Look Whoo is 1" birthday party, so I decided that I wanted to do a similar one for her 2nd birthday.  I made the same caterpillar heads & bodies that I made for the invitations & then on the bodies of the caterpillars, I put pictures of Addy girl from every month of her 2nd year.  It was so cute to see how much Addy girl had grown over the year.
After the banner was done, I used straight pins to pin it to the tablecloth.  Because it was pretty light, it was able to stay up with the help of the pins every few circles.  The photo banner was so cute that I couldn't bear to throw it away or box it up afterwards so it is now hanging on the wall above the windows in the playroom.

Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Invitations Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Food Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Apple Cake & Cupcakes
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Cherry Pie Cupcakes
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Guestbook & Favors Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Banners Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Decorations Post

No comments:

Post a Comment