Monday, May 12, 2014

Very Hungry Caterpillar Guestbook & Favors

For the Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party, I sort of went backwards when it came to planning.  I actually found these little favor buckets at Target & that led me to picking this theme for Addy's 2nd birthday.  They were in that little $1 section at Target at the front & I thought they were great.  They were just primary color little buckets that were decorated with either the caterpillar or a one of the different foods that the caterpillar ate.  They were super cute.
I stuffed the buckets with some cute things that I found online at Oriental Trading and at Target.  I think I may have talked about the butterfly suckers in my Very Hungry Caterpillar food post, but they were these great, colorful butterfly suckers & the best part about them is that they had a gummy caterpillar climbing up the sucker stick.  I also found a huge bag of "spring bug tattoos" that had butterflies, caterpillars, dragonflies & bees.  I picked out the butterflies & caterpillars & put one of each in the favor buckets.  I found them & the suckers online at Oriental Trading & they were perfect for the party.   I also added in some Sixlets colorful candy & some colorful musical recorders from Target into the buckets.  I am sure the parents loved me.  I gave their kids a ton of sweets, then threw in some more candy, some tats & a noise maker for them to take home.  : )  
I didn't really get a great picture of the favor table before people moved the favor buckets around, but as you can see, I also used it for the guestbook.  As you will see in the Very Hungry Caterpillar decorations post, I used some of the smaller Very Hungry Caterpillar board books as decorations on the main food table (somehow Addy collected quite a few of the same books, maybe that is why she loved the story so much, it was always quite available, haha).  She had also received a larger Very Hungry Caterpillar book.  That is what I used as the guestbook.  As I probably mentioned in the "What Will It Bee?" gender reveal party posts & the "Ahoy! It's a Boy!" party posts, I try & find a "real" book to be the guestbook at a party whenever possible.  I feel like they are so much easier for people to write actual messages instead of just signing their names & a great reminder to you & your children of all of the special people who came to the party.  And who doesn't love children's books? : )

Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Invitations Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Food Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Apple Cake & Cupcakes
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Cherry Pie Cupcakes
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Guestbook & Favors Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Banners Post
Very Hungry Caterpillar - Party Decorations Post

No comments:

Post a Comment