Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Nautical Nursery

So I have been a little MIA, but it's all due to a good cause.  Our little girl Peyton was born a little over a week ago & we have been in baby heaven ever since.  Now that we have gotten in a good repetition, I have found a little time to start blogging again while baby girl sleeps on my chest.  I figured now would be a good time to start updating the blog on the different projects that were a part of creating baby Peyton's nursery.

As was the case when we did Addy's nursery, I didn't want to just go to one of the box baby stores & pick out bedding & a theme for Peyton's nursery.  This pregnancy seemed so different from when I was pregnant with Addy so up until our gender ultrasound, I was convinced I was having a boy.  I was thrilled about having another girl, but I had no nursery ideas.  I have always thought nautical decor was so cute, but it doesn't go at all with the overall theme/color scheme of my house. Since I feel like nurseries are separate entities from the rest of the house, I thought Peyton's nursery would be the perfect place to incorporate cute nautical decor.  And thus, a theme was born. : )  Here is a sneak peak at the finished nursery.


I lied, there is actually one more frame that I am hanging on this wall to the left of the mirror & just haven't gotten around to it yet. Sorry about that. : ) 
First off, there are so many awesomely adorable ideas for nautical decor so I wasn't even sure at first where to start.  I took some of the ideas from the "Ahoy! It's a Boy!" baby shower that I threw for one of my best friends before she had baby Alex & of course, a lot of ideas came from Pinterest.  I did as much DIY as possible to keep costs low, but since I am no seamstress, I did purchase the bedding.  I found a bedding set from the Beach Baby Couture shop on Etsy & picked out a pink crib sheet with whales, a pink & navy crib sheet with boats going across the ocean & a pink & boat themed minky blanket as well.  It was $130, but that was going to be our only big purchase for the room (besides the crib), so I didn't mind too much.  I saw some super cute bumpers all over Etsy & some other places online but they were so expensive & they just were not exactly what I was looking for.  I finally managed to find a crib bumper that was perfect online at Babies R Us & it was only $29.99.  It was probably so cheap because it was being discontinued because I can't find it online anymore to link to it, but here is a picture of the bumper & the bedding.
Crib bumper
Crib skirt
Blanket
I must not have taken a picture of the crib sheet, but it is the same pattern as this little tag blanket. 
The only other thing we bought for the nursery (besides a few knick knacks here & there) was the crib, but I will write more about that in the posts about the Nursery furniture...where you will also see a few DIY furniture transformations of a changing table and dresser too.  Check back in for those posts, as well as one on another DIY baby mobile, DIY no-sew curtains, curtain rods, shelf, accessories & more.  Hope everyone is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment