Monday, April 7, 2014

Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Nautical Themed Baby Shower

Last year when I found out that one of my very best friends Sarah was having a baby, I was ecstatic.  When she found out it was going to be a little boy, I was ready with the party-planning train.  I had the best time planning this shower & it was great because Sarah's sister Dianna helped me with some of it.

Sarah & Derek live on the coast & my first thought was that a Nautical theme would be perfect.  So "Ahoy! It's a Boy!" was born.  This shower was so much fun because there were so many cute decorations to find & just as many cute DIY decorations to make on the cheap.
Here is what the final party table looked like.  Of course, I began this party the way I begin most of the parties that you will see on my Parties Page...with a mock table set up to determine the serving dishes I wanted to use & the placement of everything.  I knew I wanted to use crisp white serving dishes for the most part, but also wanted to use two of my round clear dishes for a little height on the sides.  In the center, I used one of the vintage suitcases that I found at Steve's aunt's house.  It was the perfect size to sit a sheet cake on for a centerpiece.

Here, you can see my post-it notes as I try & work out where each dish I want to serve is going to go.  You can also see that sometimes I can't make my mind up on where things are going to go & move them around until I am satisfied.  I think my husband only wishes I had the cleaning version of OCD...nope, just the obsessive party-planning kind.  Sorry honey.  
I knew I wanted the main colors to be navy, light blue & bright red.  I started by checking out decorations online at Oriental Trading.  If you love parties & don't love spending a ton of money, then Oriental Trading is for you.  It is amazing, has tons of cute stuff & the stuff is inexpensive.  It doesn't look cheap either, just super cute.  I am doing a separate post just on this party's decorations, so be sure to check it out, as well as the DIY's that I did for this party.


Click Below to See Other Posts About This Party

Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Nautical Themed Baby Shower
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Decorations
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Kid's table
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Party Food
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - DIY Buoys
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - DIY Life Preserver
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - DIY Anchor
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Banners
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Diaper Cake
Ahoy! It's a Boy! - Guestbook table

No comments:

Post a Comment