Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saved by the Bell 30th Birthday Bash - Kelly's Cheer Truffles

Kelly Kapowski.  What girl growing up in the late 80s/early 90s didn't want to be Kelly?  Cheerleader, homecoming queen, pop singer...the list goes on & on.  Did you used to have the school picture guys who would give you a name when they wanted you to smile..."Hey there, you, Dylan Walsh, smile for me..." I always LOVED when I got called Kelly for picture day.  Most likely this was due to me having brown hair more than anything else since this was when I was in middle school, but I was still totally pumped about it.  Anyway, for Kelly's special dessert for the Saved by the Bell Birthday Bash Dessert table, I wanted to do something cheer related.  I had seen some pom pom cake pops on Pinterest & thought I could do something similar.

First step, buy a package of oreos & an 8 ounce block of cream cheese.  Crush whatever Oreos you didn't eat as soon as you opened the package.  I put them in a Ziploc bag & crushed them by pounding for 2 reasons...1) my food processor quit on me & 2) I kinda like the bigger chunks of cookie instead of the really fine crumbs sometimes.  Mix up your crushed Oreos with a softened block of cream cheese & roll into balls. 
I wanted to do red & white for the colors of Bayside so I then took a tub of cream cheese icing that I had tinted red with food coloring & melted it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.  I then dropped the balls into the red icing to cover them & then rolled them in coconut.
I don't really eat coconut, but people said they were pretty yummy.  I think they looked pretty cute too.
I present to you, Kelly's Cheer Truffles! "We're the Bayside Tigers & we're on the prowl!"

See Other Posts on this Party Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment