Friday, February 13, 2015

Saved by the Bell 30th Birthday Bash

So last Fall, I turned 30.  I may be in the minority of people, but I actually didn't mind it. Especially since two of my best friends from law school were also both turning 30 within a month of me.  So what are 3 almost-30 year old girls to do in such a situation?  Well throw a Saved by the Bell birthday bash of course!  
There were two tables set-up...the dessert table that was just Saved by the Bell/80's theme & the food table that was The Max.  Remember The Max?  Who doesn't?  That place was incredible.  Especially since it seemed like it was a school requirement for the gang to be there like ALL THE TIME.  And how realistic was this diner?  I mean, how many times have you been in a diner & wondered, "When is the dance contest going to start?" or "Hello? Where is the high school girl group & why are they not singing?" I know, me too.  Anyway, here is my Max set-up. : ) 
If you came here to see a picture of an incredible birthday cake, well here you go.  If you came here to learn how to make this incredible birthday cake...I'm sorry, but those are secrets that my friend Ally will have to share with you.  She is an incredible cake baker & one day when I finally talk her into blogging, I will get her to tell you all about this amazing cake.  It had all the cute little squigglies (is that the technical term?) that were featured during the intro to Saved by the Bell, along with a cassette tape, boom box & what else...a replica of Zack's phone.  

I am going to break this down into a few more posts so that you don't get too overwhelmed with all of the awesomeness that is Saved by the Bell, but here are a few highlights.  : ) 
As you can see from this picture, this was not our first rodeo when it comes to 80s parties.  This poster was made with pictures of the 3 of us from our first 80s party 2nd year of law school.  An oldie, but a goodie. 
And here are some of the delicious treats that you can read more about on the Saved by the Bell desserts table post.  We had Jessie's caffeine brownies, Lisa's Turtles, Kelly's Cheer Truffles...
Zack's blondies, Slater's Smackdown cupcakes & Nerds for Screech

And not to be left out...the Hot Sundae cupcakes that were on the Max diner food table.  Remember when Jessie, Lisa & Kelly formed the girl group "Hot Sundae"?  Incredible, right? "Put your mind to it, Go for it, Get down & break a sweat"...am I the only one who really wanted a mini trampoline after that music video?  I didn't think so. ; ) 

See Other Posts on this Party Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment