Friday, February 27, 2015

Saved by The Bell 30th Birthday Bash - The Max

So we had our main SBTB dessert table, but no "Saved by the Bell" party is complete without The Max.  
Oh the Max...so to "recreate" this epic space, I knew I wanted red letters to say "The Max".  Now originally, I bought some of those red LED rope lights, but I just couldn't figure out how to attach them & make them spell out the words in the correct shapes.  So I scratched that plan & moved on.  But before I get to that, the backdrop...
I really wanted to do the square glass look & thought about putting up tons of clear plastic square plates to resemble the window blocks at the Max, but 1) that was crazy time consuming & 2) this was set up in front of a set of closed doors, so there was no good way to do that.  So I got an iridescent tablecloth & taped it together with a clear tablecloth.

This is what it looked like.  It had just a little bit of the shimmer that I feel like the block windows at the Max had.
So back to "The Max" sign.  I searched & searched for something & finally decided on red glitter glue to draw out "The Max".  I had an old piece of cardboard that I spray-painted white & I just traced the letters out with a pencil & then traced them with glitter glue.

For the other decor, I just looked up diner decor on amazon & found these great signs.  You essentially cut them out & tape them wherever you want.  You could tape them to cardboard or something more sturdy to give them more depth, but I just taped them to the wall & to the backdrop.


I also found a mini cardboard jukebox on Amazon.
I really wanted to just make sure that "The Max" had an old school phone & especially a jukebox.  I also put some "Bayside colored" megaphones & pom poms.
Since we were celebrating me, Shannon & Ally all turning 30, I used some of our pictures throughout the years & put them in the clear glass containers that I used from our "Ladies Lunch" back in the Fall.  Just so everyone would know who we were celebrating of course. ; )

So that's "The Max".  There is no dance contest or hottie Jeff around, but it turned out pretty cute.  Stay tuned for more info on the food this "diner" served up.

See Other Posts on this Party Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment