Thursday, February 19, 2015

Saved by the Bell 30th Birthday Bash - Dessert Table

For the backdrop of the Saved by the Bell Birthday Bash dessert table, I just used a large piece of black fabric.  I got some decorations from Party City & taped them onto the fabric & put our awesome poster in the middle.  
Now about this poster...I don't want to brag (I'm just kidding, I totally do just a little about this poster, haha), but this was done in the Paint program on my computer.  I had our pictures from our last 80s party & I spent some time (ok way too much time), tracing our bodies to cut them out from the rest of the picture.  Then I pasted all of our floating bodies onto another page with the SBTB logo.  It was definitely time consuming, but I liked how we turned out.  Poor Shannon though, apparently she didn't take a single picture standing up at the last party, so I had to cut out someone's head who was squatting in front of her in a group shot.  So that looks a little weird, but all in all, not too bad for the Paint program.  
 For the table itself, I used a black tablecloth & little 80s confetti from Party City.  I wanted everything to be black & neon for this table because to me, that feels right for this time period.  
Now for food.  Of course we had the amazing cake that Ally made.  It was definitely an incredible masterpiece.  Lots of details that went so perfectly with the theme.  I'm telling you, one day we are just going to forget this whole law thing & just focus on parties.  I will do some scheming & theming & get her to do all these incredible cakes.  Ah, pipe dreams...
 I really wanted to do a dessert for each of the main characters.
Zack's Blondies...
These were amazing.  I found the recipe here at Girl Meets Life.  They are so easy.  A box of yellow cake mix, 1/4 cup of canola oil, 1 beaten egg, 1/2 a cup of milk & 1/2 a cup of white chocolate chips.  The original recipe called for sprinkles, but we had enough sweets going on so I left those out.  Mix all the ingredients together & put into a greased baking dish (I used a rectangular one so I could make more blondies & it worked fine. I think the original recipe calls for a square pan so they would be thicker) & then cook for about 25-30 minutes on 350.  So easy.  Now the hard part...let these sit for at least 20 minutes after they are made so they can firm up.  These smelled so good that I was dying waiting for these to be "ready".  They are worth the wait, trust me.  
Slater's Smackdown Cupcakes
We also had Slater's Smackdown Cupcakes.  These were chocolate cupcakes with little wrestling belts on them.  Read more about these smackdown cupcakes (and the ridiculousness that went into making them) here.  
 As you can see in the above picture, Nerds were also sprinkled around the table in honor of Screech. : )
Now for the ladies...we had Jessie's Caffeine Brownies...
Now if you have seen Saved by the Bell at all, you know that Jessie losing her mind because of using caffeine pills to study & sing & do everything that it took to be Jessie Spano, was an EPIC episode.  So naturally, I had to do something with Jessie involving caffeine.  I thought it may be frowned upon to just hand out caffeine pills, so I settled for brownies instead. : ) 
 I found some great recipes for Espresso Brownies & Coffee Brownies on Pinterest, but when I went to the store, I saw Pillsbury Mocha Fudge Brownie mix & that pretty much made up my mind.  I was running out of time & that sounded perfect.  If you ever see this brownie mix, it is AMAZING.  It has just a slight coffee taste that is so good.  
I feel kinda bad that I was pretty lazy in Screech's "dessert", with using Nerds, but I didn't just single him out.  Lisa also got a "cheat dessert".  For Miss Lisa Turtle, yeah, she got store-bought turtles.  They were right there on the shelf looking so delicious & easy, so they came home with me & were put out on a platter with Kelly's Cheer Truffles...which I actually made.  Of course Kelly was my favorite character because duh, she was awesome.  Even when she was a total idiot a lot of times.
You can read more about Kelly's Cheer Truffles here...but spoiler alert, they originated as Oreo Truffle Balls...delicious!
Sidenote, for the food descriptions, they were made from neon scratch art paper.  I just cut up pieces the size that I wanted & used the little tool to write the descriptions & the little swigglies.  The black & neon went with the theme & totally rocked my world.  

See Other Posts on this Party Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment